Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
Part Millennium Purse Counts for Slipper Qualification
A portion of the prizemoney from the $2 million Listed Inglis Millennium will count toward qualification for the Gr1 Golden Slipper from 2021. In a significant development, the Australian Turf Club and Inglis have joined forces to approve the move, which will make the Millennium the first ever auction house-restricted juvenile race to have a portion of its prizemoney count toward the official Golden Slipper order of entry. The initiative is part of a raft of alterations to the revamped $6 million Inglis Race Series for 2020 graduates, which include:
- Confirmation the Millennium will be permanently transferred from Warwick Farm to Randwick from 2021 and that $69,500 of the winners’ prizemoney will count toward the official Golden Slipper ballot, the equivalent of a Sydney minimum Listed race for 2YOs
- Confirmation the Inglis Millennium will remain at $2m prizemoney and the Inglis Sprint at $1m for 2021, despite the implications of COVID-19
- The introduction of the $250,000 Inglis Bracelet, a race for fillies and mares over 1600m at Flemington on Oaks Day during Melbourne Cup Week from this year.
- Confirmation the Inglis Sprint will move to Flemington from 2022, to be contested on Australian Guineas Day during the autumn carnival. The race will be run at Randwick in 2021 on Millennium Day.
- The Inglis Dash to be run at Flemington in 2021.
- The 2YO Inglis Challenge at Scone will have its prizemoney doubled to $200,000 from 2021 and be open to all yearlings sold at Scone, the Highway Session at Inglis Classic, the Showcase Session at Inglis Premier, the Melbourne Gold Sale and online through Inglis Digital.