Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
WA Aims For 300 People On Course
Meanwhile, as part of the WA Government’s Phase 3 COVID19 restriction easing, Racing and Wagering Western Australia (RWWA) has stated in a press release that WA race clubs should be able to host up to 300 people on course from Saturday 6 June 2020. Each individual club is responsible for managing their on course booking, and must be in accordance with strict measures set out by the WA Government, including:
- Ensuring up to 100 patrons per single undivided space, up to a maximum of 300 patrons per premise (excluding staff).
- Complying with conditions outlined in the Phase 3 COVID Safety Guidelines.
- Ensuring a Phase 3 COVID Safety Plan is completed by the person responsible for the premises.
- Maintaining a minimum of 2 square metres per person.
- Maintaining hygiene and frequent cleaning processes.
- Maintaining attendance records of patrons for contact tracing.
- Carefully managing waiting areas to ensure physical distancing.
- Prior to opening, race clubs must consult with RWWA to ensure their COVID Safety Plans are appropriate.