Daily News Archive

Search nearly 75,000 unique Daily News articles.

Daily News Subscription

Scone Races Postponed Until Wednesday

Tuesday, 12th November 2019

With much of New South Wales facing catastophic fire conditions today, Racing NSW has been forced to pospone Scone’s Tuesday race meeting, issuing a statement yesterday: Please be advised that after taking further advice and reviewing the updated catastrophic weather forecast for tomorrow in the Greater Upper Hunter area, Racing NSW has determined that for the safety of all participants and horses the meeting will not proceed and therefore will be postponed until Wednesday 13th November 2019. New race starting times will be published when available. This postponement will require a number of riding changes due to Hawkesbury racing on the same day. The Apprentice only race at Scone (Race 4) will now be open to all available riders.

Scone Race Club

Scone Race Club's meeting has been postponed until Wednesday (pic: Steve Hart)
« Previous
Return to
12th November 2019 News
Next »