Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
Tight Rein On Guineas & Derby Victories
The synergy between expertly prepared 2YOs and Group 1 accolades will be unleashed at New Zealand Bloodstock's Ready to Run Sale of Two-Year-Olds. In the thirty-eight year history of the sale, countless graduates have performed at the highest level on the international stage and with over one hundred stakes wins and 17 Group One wins in the last five seasons alone, NZB has earned the title as the leading source of talent in the Australasian breeze up market. Graduates come into their classic 3YO season and demonstrate their immense power, in the last five seasons they have claimed five Guineas and five Derbys at the elite level. These classic winners include Mongolian Khan, Gumnuts, Turn Me Loose, Vin De Dance, Debt Collector, Mr Clint & Atlante. The families of elite Derby and Guineas winners can be tapped into at the sale with 57 lots catalogued who have a Derby winner on the page and 63 lots who have a Guineas winner, including highlights such as:
- Prima Park's Lot 199 - Savabeel colt who is a full brother to QLD Derby winner Brambles.
- Diamond Lodge will offer Lot 69 - Savabeel filly who is a three-quarter sister to New Zealand Derby winner & Australian Guineas placegetter Helene Vitality.
- Diamond Lodge will also offer Lot 417 - Tavistock colt who is a half-brother to New Zealand Derby winner Habibi.
- Regal Farm's Lot 234 - Sweet Orange colt who is a half-brother to Singapore's Champion 3YO Miler and Stayer, and Listed Singapore Guineas winner, Onceuponatime.
- Ohukia Lodge's Lot 200 - gelding by Proisir (Lot 200) who is a half-brother to current NZB Filly of the Year and NZ 1,000 Guineas placegetter Dijon Bleu.
Click here to view full release.