Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
ATC Announces Sydney Cup Bonuses
The Australian Turf Club has announced the introduction of an incentive for owners and trainers to enhance participation in the $2 million Gr1 Sydney Cup (3200m) at Royal Randwick on Saturday 14 April, 2018. Owners and trainers who prepare the winner or placegetters in several key staying races across Australia and New Zealand will be eligible for the Sydney Cup Bonus. Owners will receive a $100,000 bonus while the trainer a $50,000 bonus if their horse goes on to win or place in the 2018 Sydney Cup after having won or placed in these designated staying races:
- The Metropolitan at Royal Randwick on 30 September, 2017;
- The Perth Cup at Ascot on 1 January, 2018;
- The Auckland Cup at Ellerslie on 10 March 2018;
- The Adelaide Cup at Morphettville on 12 March, 2018.
- NE Manion Cup at Rosehill Gardens on 24 March 2018.
Australian Turf Club Chairman Laurie Macri said the initiative is part of the Club's continued investment in staying races with an aim to attract high quality local and international stayers to the race.