Daily News Archive
Daily News Subscription
5 Aust-Bred Winners In Hong Kong
In Hong Kong yesterday, 5 Australian-bred gallopers scored at Sha Tin during the final afternoon of the 2010-2011 season:
- 4YO gelding Ferrabosco (Fastnet Rock-La Suffragette, by Palace Music) won over 1600m for trainer Me Tsui.
- 4YO gelding Danewin Tiger (Danewin-Royal Prize, by Prized) won over 1200m for trainer Almond Lee. Danewin Tiger was an $80,000 yearling consigned by Amarina Farm at the 2008 Magic Millions Premier Sale on the Gold Coast.
- 3YO gelding Dividend Champion (Oratorio-Zakynthos Daughter, by Dehere) won over 1600m for trainer Paul O’Sullivan. Dividend Champion was a $60,000 yearling consigned by Holbrook Thoroughbreds at the 2009 Inglis Classic Sale in Sydney.
- 4YO gelding Super Strike (Cape Cross-Our Evening Star, by Maroof) won over 1800m for trainer Andreas Schutz. Super Strike was a NZ$190,000 2YO consigned by Lyndhurst Farm at the 2008 NZB Horses-In-Training Sale.
- 3YO gelding Longwah Supreme (Southern Image-Miss Doopsey, by Bite The Bullet) won over 1200m for trainer Michael Chang. Longwah Supreme was a NZ$16,000 yearling consigned by Ainsley Downs at the 2009 NZB Select Sale.