Daily News Archive

Search nearly 75,000 unique Daily News articles.

Daily News Subscription

Kaphero Joins Swettenham Stallion Roster

Friday, 26th September 2008

Swettenham Stud announced it has purchased "a major interest in star 5YO sprinter Kaphero" (Danzero-Kapchat, by Centaine) to enhance its stallion roster at the Nagambie property in North East Victoria. Kaphero (who finished 3rd in the Gr1 Manikato Stakes over 1200m at Moonee Valley on September 13) "will race on through the spring & autumn before preparing to serve his 1st book of mares in 2009". Swettenham's Adam Sangster enthused: "It's great to know Kaphero is coming back to Swettenham. We bred him from one of our most successful families. Swettenham Stud has purchased 75% of Kaphero, while his long time owners will retain the other 25% for his future stud duties. I've got great faith in Kaphero as a sire: his outstanding pedigree, 1st class race record & smashing good looks mean he ticks all the boxes. I'm sure he will produce good looking foals & as a speed grandson of Danehill with a double cross of Star Kingdom, he's got plenty going for him. He will be running in the Gr2 Schillaci Stakes at Caulfield next & then go out for a break before possible runs in the Gr1 sprints in the Autumn (Lightning Stakes & Oakleigh Plate)." Kaphero (a $340,000 yearling at the 2005 Magic Millions Premier Sale on the Gold Coast) currently boasts 10 wins (including August's Gr3 McEwen Stakes over 1000m at Moonee Valley, plus both 2006's Magic Millions Adelaide 2YO Classic over 1200m at Morphettville & Listed Blue Diamond Preview over 1100m at Sandown) & 6 placings (also including March's Magic Millions Sprint over 1000m at the Gold Coast) from 28 starts for $784,045 earnings.

« Previous
Return to
26th September 2008 News
Next »